Monday, June 8, 2009

Childhood Memory Pies Roundup

We have another great roundup this month! Childhood Memory Pies - you are in for some great stories, so be sure to click through on everyone's creations and see what inspired their pie.

Voting is open until June 10th - remember, as always, all comments are welcome, but we only count the votes for those that entered this month's theme roundup. So if you made a pie in the roundup and you can vote for your three favorites!


Nic at Bakeologie made a Lemon Cooler Pie



Big Sis of Big Sis Lil Sis made an Anaphylactic Peaches and Cherry Disaster



Jacque at Daisy Lane Cakes made Cherry Turnovers



Alisa at Jane of Many Trades made a Lemon Chiffon Jello Pie



Janet at LaDue & Crew made a Lemon Meringue Pie



Madam Chow made a Summer Corn Quiche



Jenn at This Little Piggy’s Life made a Dessert Pizza Pie



Jayma at Two Scientists in the Kitchen made a
Strawberry Pie with Mango Rum Whipped Cream



Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy made Custard Pies



Suz at You Can’t Eat What? made Mango & Lime Tropical Tartlets



Mary, The Food Librarian made a Cherry Cheesecake Tart



Kate at Grin and Bake It made a Reese's Peanut Butter S’mores Pie



Judy of Judy’s Gross Eats made a Blackberry Pie



Jen at Piccante Dolce made a Vanilla Bean Cardamom Peach Pie



Si at A Bountiful Kitchen made a Fresh Strawberry Pie

10 comments:

jane of many trades said...

so many too choose from...all in all, a great job by everyone!

here goes:
madam chow's summer corn quiche
kate, grin and bake it's reeses pb smore pie
jen, piccante dolce's vanilla bean cardamom peach pie

Unknown said...

Hi everyone! First of all, let me say how excited I am to be part of this fun event this month! All of the pies look so awesome, but if I HAD to pick 3 favorites, they would be:

Lemon Meringue Pie from Janet at LaDue & Crew: because it was my departed dad's favorite dessert.

Cherry Turnovers from Jacque at Daisy Lane Cakes: because that's what I was going for when I failed so miserably!

Vanilla Bean Cardamom Peach Pie from Jen at Piccante Dolce: because its beautiful sweet peachiness is mocking me and threatening me!

Jen H said...

Fabulous job everyone! Love seeing so many new people! My faves are:

Lemon Meringue Pie by Janet @ La Due & Crew

Tropical Mango & Lime Tartlettes by Suz @ You Can't Eat What

Blackberry Pie by Judy @ Judy's Gross Eats

Anonymous said...

my favorites this month (not an easy choice!!) are:

Suz's: Mango & Lime Tropical Tartlets
Janet's: Lemon Meringue Pie
Jacque's: Cherry Turnovers

Wish I could have a piece of them right now!

Nichicakes said...

Yum yum yum! I totally want some pie for lunch!

My votes
Vanilla Bean Cardamom Peach Pie
Strawberry Pie with Mango Rum Whipped Cream
Cherry Cheesecake Tart

Madam Chow said...

Si at A Bountiful Kitchen - Fresh Strawberry Pie

Kate at Grin and Bake It - Reese's Peanut Butter S’mores Pie

Mary, The Food Librarian - Cherry Cheesecake Tart

suz said...

Goodness! I've never been so hungry for memories before ;) Everyone did such a great job, but I'm a sucker for the following:

Janet at LaDue & Crew, Lemon Meringue Pie

Jen at Piccante Dolce, Vanilla Bean Cardamom Peach Pie

Nic at Bakeologie, Lemon Cooler Pie

LaDue & Crew said...

I am so happy to be a part of this... and ever so thankful that all these are not on the plate before me! Choices were excruciating to narrow down, but here goes!

Vanilla Bean Cardamom Peach Pie by Jen at Piccante Dolce

Blackberry Pie by Judy of Judy’s Gross Eats

Summer Corn Quiche by Madam Chow

Jacque said...

Mmmm, yummy! all of those wonderful pies.

I'm voting for -

Food Librarian - cherry cheesecake pie

This little piggy's life - Dessert pizza pie

Jane of many trades - lemon chiffon jello pie.

Kate said...

Yikes! I almost forgot to vote. If I have to narrow it down, here they are...
Cherry Turnovers
Corn Quiche
Mango Lime Tarts