Saturday, June 13, 2009

Winner of June & Theme for July!

Long overdo, I know, I know! Where is the time going?!


First off, I just want to say WOW...great looking roundup for the June theme. Awesome! I wouldn't have stood a chance. But you know who did??


Jen at Piccante Dolce! She rocked the vote! So Jen, get back to us with your choice for an upcoming theme...it'll be in a couple of months, so think ahead. Hey, and congratulations!


Now, what is the Theme for July?? Well, the timing couldn't be more perfect. We'll all probably be making a pie anyway for the 4th, so we have NO EXCUSES not to enter this round! (that means me. And, well, Holly. And any one else! Let's have a HUGE roundup!)


Without further ado....Mary & Rebecca have chosen to test us with a

Taste of Summer Pie


This month, we're challenging you to come up with a pie that tastes like the summer.

For some, that might mean getting inspired by the flavors of peak-of-the-season fruits and vegetables, homemade ice cream, carnival food, campfire s'mores, cookouts, beach and ballpark concessions, county fairs, ice-cold floats and lemonade.


But for others, summer brings on thoughts of sunburns and mosquitos, humidity, bored kids, poison ivy and a longing to see that big yellow school bus pull up in front of the house.
So, feel free to take your inspiration from either side of the summer (or both), and use your pie to express how YOU really feel about the summer. What does summer taste like to you?


Great, right?!


So, make your pie, then post it as usual sometime between now and the 7th of July. Email the link and your favorite pic, then we'll have the roundup online on the 8th. Voting will be on the 8th and 9th. Get to baking!


Thanks Tarts...


Susan, aka DoughMessTic

6 comments:

PheMom said...

Yes, I agree, we are both on notice for making another appearance this month! I can't wait - and I think I know what I want to make...

Jen H said...

Thanks so much ladies! I feel lucky to have won against such stiff competition!

Nichicakes said...

Whoo hoo congrats Jen!

Jacque said...

Congrats Jen!

Sounds like a fun challenge next month :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to jen! Great theme for this next moth. I asked my 12 year old about an idea for a summer theme pie - he said apple cranberry. I told him it's just bc he wants me to make him an apple-cran pie! Funny kid.

Justine said...

Congratulations and great site- it's making hungry!