Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We're back with April's Theme!!

Are you ready?? This month's theme is "Spring", chosen by Amy of Sing For Your Supper and Jessica of My Baking Heart.

It's that time of year when the flowers and trees are blooming, everywhere you turn people are outside playing frisbee, Easter candy is everywhere, and the best thing of all - you can dust off those flip flops! Get those toes pedicured because it's SPRING! This time of year, it seems like everyone can't wait to start cooking and baking with light, bright flavors like lemon and fresh herbs. That's why we chose a "Spring" theme for this month. Get in the kitchen and come up with the freshest, brightest Spring-inspired pie you can think of - whether it's inspired by your childhood Easter basket, or something with lots of fresh, fragrant herbs. You'll have a lot of wiggle room for this one (sweet OR savory!); just make sure the pie is fun and "Springy"! Go get 'em! Happy Spring, everyone!

p.s. We have a new 'How It Works' page! Check it out for details on how to submit your pies!!

9 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Good news and thanks for getting this started, again. Someday, I will master pie crusts and this forces me to do something about it.

Looking forward.

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

Madam Chow said...

I'm in, too!

Vicki said...

Once and for all I will learn to make edible pastry and graham cracker pie crusts! So glad it's up and running.

Sunshine said...

I'm so excited! Off to come up with a springy pie!

miss kate said...

ooooh this sounds like TOO much fun. Let me see if I can think of something to make this weekend!

Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love working for Starbucks as one of the perks is a free pound of coffee a week! Swwwweeeeet! :)

Kathleen said...

Can I submit a tart recipe or is this a pie only kinda thing!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Kathleen, you can absolutely submit a tart! Anything that resembles a pie or tart is welcome!! :)