Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Song Pies Round-up

Whoa! Take a look at the creative tart-age we pulled in THIS round!! I was expecting a few clever pies, but this, well this takes the cake - in PIES!
Okay everyone...cast your vote here on this post - pick your top 3...but only if YOU made a pie! You have until 3:14pm on the 8th to cast your Pie Vote! So Vote NOW!




Mary the Food Librarian made a "Twelve Days of Christmas" Partridge in a Pear Tart - too cute!





Susan of She's Becoming DoughMessTic made a "Last Christmas I Gave You My Tart" - Wham!






Beryl of Cinemon Girl made a Cool Yule Pie...cool indeed!



Natalie of Oven Love made us a Blue Christmas Tarts...








Libby of The Allergic Kid made an Immigrant Pie, based on The Fairytale of New York











Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake went tropical on us with her Mele Kalikimaka Pie...









Mary of Meet me in the Kitchen made a pie that's "Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" - yum!







Mary of Alpineberry made a Chestnut and Pear Tart, based on "The Christmas Song"...











And so did Madam Chow...but without the Chestnuts or the Open Fire!







Kate of Grin & Bake It made a Up on the Housetop Tin Roof Pie - complete with santa coming down the chimney!










Natashya of Living in the Kitchen With Puppies also made a crazy - super creative - Fairytale of New York Pie...Irish Cream here!






Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes came up with an Apple Crumb Pie for Mary - isn't that sweet??










Our hostess this month, Anne Strawberry, made a gorgeously yummy Jingle Bell Rock-y Road Pie










Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy made a pretty White Christmas Pie














Barbara at Traveling Aprons made a Felix Navidad Pie for the song of the same name














Kelly at Baking with the Boys made a sweet and sentimental Christmas Time is Here Pie for the song of the same name from A Charlie Brown Christmas











Jen at Piccante Dolce joins in the fun this month with her take on a You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch Pie - which is pretty self explanatory (and now probably stuck in your head too!) ;)











Carrie at Cooking with Carrie made You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch Pie - same song (just in case it wasn't stuck in your head yet - but a totally different delicious take on pie)!







Judy of Judy's Gross Eats made a Wassail Christmas Pie for one of her favorite holiday song albums Sing We Noel









Stephanie at Confessions of a City Eater brings us Santa Pie because Here Comes Santa Claus!










Elizabeth at Cake or Death? with her Blue(berry) Christmas Pie in tribute to Elvis' Blue Christmas










Suzanne B of http://youcanteatwhat.blogspot.com/ made a Grandma Got Ran over By A Reindeer Pie - too funny!

22 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Susan- "Last Christmas I Gave you My Tart"

Mary- Chestnut and Pear Tart

Elizabeth- Blue(berry) Christmas Pie

Great job everyone- I really enjoyed everyone's creations for this round!

Beryl said...

Mary- Partridge In A Pear Tart
Rebecca- Mele Kalikimaka Pie
Elizabeth- Blue(berry) Christmas Pie
Happy Holidays everybody!

Anne said...

Wow- the pies were amazing! Great job everyone!

My favorites are:
Alpineberry's Yuletide Carol
Doughmesstic's Last Christmas
Food Librarian's Partridge in a Pear

Jen H said...

I'm so excited to be a part of this group and so impressed by what everyone made! Here are my votes

Mary's "Partridge in a Pear Tart"

Natashya's "Fairytale of NY Pie"

Suzanne's "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer"

Happy Holidays!

Nichicakes said...

Man I wish I could vote, but glad I dont have to narrow it down to 3!!

You guys are so darn creative!

Beautiful pies every last one of ya!

doughmesstic said...

Oh, this was HARD. But here are 3 that stick out...

Partridge in a Pear Tart,
Elizabeths Blue(Berry) Christmas,
and Natashyas Fairytale of NY

Great job to everyone! Seriously!

Libby said...

Only three! There's at least five I want to vote for.

Mary the Food Librarian (Pear Tart)
Natashya (Drunken Irish Brawl Pie)
Elizabeth (Blue Christmas Layers)

You guys just blow me away! Libby

Carrie said...

Everyone did such a great job, this was a really hard choice! I am so glad we had this in early December though, I am going to make some of these for Christmas! Here are my votes...

Mary's Partridge in a Pear Tart
Kelly's Christmas Time is Here Pie
Rebecca's Mele Kalikimaka Pie

NKP said...

Oh my, what wonderful pies!
Ok,
I vote for ...

Anne Strawberry, Jingle Bell Pie
Mary's Partridge in a Pear Tree Pie
and Rebecca's Mele Kalikimaka Pie

so hard to pick just three....

suz said...

This was so hard to choose; everyone did an amazing job!

Elizabeth- Blue(berry) Christmas Pie
Tammy- White Christmas Pie
Jen- You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

(If I could vote for a fourth Natashya, it'd be you!)

Jacque said...

I wish I could try a bite of each and every one of these pies!

My favorites are by:
-Stephanie at Confessions of a City Eater
-Mary of Food Librarian
-Natashya

Bungalow Barbara said...

Didn't bake this time, so I don't get to vote. Maybe that's a good thing because everyone's pies are so wonderful! Great job, everyone!

Natalie said...

So hard to pick, but..

Elizabeth (ten times better than my last-minute blueberry tarts!)
Mary (beautiful presentation)
Susan (best title!)

So glad to be part of the group. :)

Kate said...

Love them all! Have a safe and happy holiday season!!

Jingle Bell Rocky Road Pie, Here Comes Santa Claus, and Fairytale of New York Pie...Irish Cream.

Alpineberry Mary said...

So hard to decide but here are my three...
Susan of She's Becoming DoughMessTic made a "Last Christmas I Gave You My Tart" ;
Anne Strawberry, made a gorgeously yummy Jingle Bell Rock-y Road Pie;
and
Elizabeth at Cake or Death? with her Blue(berry) Christmas Pie

PheMom said...

Fantastic job everyone! My pie didn't make the roundup (since it melted all over the oven - literally) so I just wanted to tell everyone what a fun roundup you all put together!

Tammy said...

my picks are:
Elizabeth of Cake or Death
Natashya of Living in the Kitchen with Puppies
Jacque of Daisy Lane cakes

but they are all awesome!

Liz said...

So many good looking pies!

Anne Strawberry- Jingle Bell Rocky Road Pie

Jen - Grinch Pie

Mary - Chestnut and Pear Tart

Gabi said...

I'm sorry I missed out on this one- I can't vote but I think they're all grand and so creative- great job!!!
xo

Anonymous said...

so many good ones again....

Cake or death - Blue(berry) Christmas pie
Natyasha - Fairytale of NY pie
susan - Last christmas I gave you my tart

Judy said...

Mary (Food Librarian): Pear Tart
Natashya (Living with Puppies): Irish Cream Tart
Elizabeth (Cake or Death?): Blue(berry) Christmas Pie

Madam Chow said...

Dear Gang - I will have to take a pass this month. I was traveling most of the month, and I haven't had the time to bake everything I'd like to make. I'm looking forward to seeing what decadent pies you come up with!